Properly storing your industrial gas cylinder is essential to keeping you and your customers safe.
And at EspriGas, we believe it should also be simple. That’s why we put together these tips so you can ensure the safe and proper use of your gas cylinders.
- Store cylinders in a well-ventilated, dry area.
- Mark the storage area with proper precautionary signs.
- Indicate the full or empty status on cylinders.
- Store empty cylinders separate from full cylinders.
- Store cylinders securely upright to prevent them from tipping.
- Ensure valves are completely closed.
- If the cylinder is leaking, isolate it outdoors and away from sparks or heat. Call EspriGas immediately and never try to repair the cylinder yourself.
- Keep fuel-gas cylinders, such as acetylene, at least 20 feet away from oxygen cylinders.
- Place cylinders in an area that will not be subject to mechanical or physical damage, heat, or electrical circuits.
- Read, understand and protect markings on cylinders indicating the contents.
- Storage codes and regulations vary by region, so be sure to check with your local Fire Marshal for your local regulations.
Ready to work with an industrial gas supplier that optimizes your gas cylinder supply?Get a Quote